Sugaring Aftercare Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Ferndown
SUGARING... the ideal way to remove unwanted hair !
After Care. please read carefully
Your skin will be temporarily sensitised after sugaring; following these recommendations will reduce the risk of irritation or minor infections. They should be followed for twenty-four (24) hours or until skin returns to normal.
- 1. Do not use perfumed lotions, soaps, scrubs or make-up on the treated area.
- 2. Avoid tight or restrictive clothing.
- 3. Do not follow or precede sugaring with any other heat treatment including hot baths.
- 4. Avoid exposing the area to UVA light either through direct sunlight or sunbeds.
- 5. Avoid touching or scratching the area.
- 6. Avoid talcum powder, anti-perspirants or deodorants of any kind.
- 7. DO apply specialised lotion or antiseptic cream regularly to the area to sooth and maintain hygiene.
If you find sugaring painful....
The first time is the worst especially if you have been shaving. Hair grows, rests, then grows again, so it will take approximately six months for the shaven hair to be replaced.
Do not book your appointment to coincide with the onset of you menstrual cycle as it is a time when you are most sensitive.
If your skin feels hot after the treatment wrap an ice cube in a tissue and dab it over the area until it has cooled.
You may find whiteheads developing up to three days after the treatment, they will be the size of a pinhead. After further regular treatments on the same area the skin wil react less and less each time after sugaring.
- Sugaring will not lighten your sun tan, it will help you tan more quickly as the dead skin has been removed.
- It is best not to time your sugaring with the onset of your period as you are at your most sensitive then.
- Moles cannot be treated with the paste. If you are concerned about hair growing from a mole please contact your G.P. who will advise you.
- Please do not be tempted to use a razor or hair removal creams between appointments.